Well, it is the end of the year (already!) Let’s see how I went with my goals.
- Obtain my BCaBA.
By the end of December 2017, I will have obtained my certification to call myself a BCaBA.
Done! I’ve loved being able to say *finally* that I am a BCaBA
- Maintain Client Case Load
By the end of December 2017, I will have at least 15 clients.
Definitely keeping on board with my “no-more-than-fifteen” clients in 2018!
- Have 75 newsletter subscribers.
By the end of December 2017, I will have at least 75 people subscribed to my monthly newsletters.
At the end of 2017, I have 94 people subscribed to my monthly newsletter, providing updates on what GSBS has been up to, as well as other relevant information.
- Have 750 “likes” on Facebook.
By the end of December 2017, I will have 750 ‘likes’ on Facebook.
At the end of the year, I am at 751 ‘likes’ on Facebook, reaching quite a few people with interesting and relevant posts.
- Have at least 1 poster/presentation at a conference.
By the end of December 2017, I will have had either a presentation, or a poster, at at least one conference.
I unfortunately was unable to present any research at a conference this year, but am working towards 1-2 for 2018.
- Attend at least 2 conferences – 1 ABA, and 1 non-ABA.
By the end of December 2017, I will have attended at least two conferences – 1 ABA specific, and 1 not ABA specific (Autism, Special Ed etc).
I recently attended the ABAA Annual Conference in Sydney, which was great! Planning out my 2018 conferences, and looking for a non-ABA one to attend.
- Participate in 4 journal clubs.
By the end of December 2017, I will have participated in at least 4 online journal clubs, by responding to at least 3 questions about each article.
I think we kind of lost our momentum by the end of the year. We did manage to read and discuss 3 articles! Hopefully we can get back on track, in 2018.
- Create fact sheets about common ABA terms/strategies for families, educators etc
By the end of December 2017, I will have created at least 6 fact sheets about common ABA terms/strategies for use by families, therapists, educators etc.
Due to some changes in programs, I have managed to create six resource sheets on a range of different topics! They may need to be revised, and re-formatted, but they are done!
What a crazy/great year it has been. So much has happened, and it has been a huge year for learning, and applying new skills. 2018 is already shaping up to be pretty busy, but I will continue to set myself some goals, and check in frequently, to help keep me accountable 🙂